Thursday 29 May 2014

Day 2. 10th May 2014 The endless climb. 45.5 miles, 8110 feet of climbing.




This day was a rude awakening for what was to come on subsequent days.  My stomach was still upset and we had a 15 mile climb to start the day.  We climbed 3700 feet.  I was left by the other riders as they felt good.  Promod the guide stuck with me and we ground up that hill.  I had a few emergency stops thanks to my stomach.  The road just snaked higher and higher affording great views down the valley.






The vehicles were considerate and gave us plenty of room, most sounded their horns as they approached corners to warn other road users of their presence.






After about 4 hours of relentless climbing I eventually reached the top of the Khamba La pass.


The view of the Yamdrok Lake was stunning.  









We couldn't spend too much time at he top as we were getting cold.

We then had a fast and long descent before getting to lake level and a flattish 25 miles to our riverside campsite.

No comments:

Post a Comment