Sunday 1 June 2014

Day 3. 11th May. 43.5 miles. 2624 feet of climbing

This day started with a 20 mile climb.  I took my time and tried not to push myself to hard, I knew I had to take it easy if I was to finish this ride.  I was also keen to take in as much as possible, after all I may never come here again and it is so different from any place I had ever been to.   Some of the other riders seemed a lot less interested in the surroundings and just wanted to blast off to the next stop.



Above is a life size model of a policeman, these were common at the begining of villages.


Leroy taking in the view just before our third nights camping.
We camped on a river bed and soon a massive wind storm was upon us.  We had to put rocks on tent skirts to stop them being blown away.  Being on a river bed the amount of dust and sand blown around was awful.

Prior to that I braved ice cold water  from a mountain stream to have a wash.
View of our camp from the river bed.



Caves in the mountain above us

Local goat boss

No comments:

Post a Comment