Friday 2 May 2014

One more sleep!

Well the bike and all kit is packed.  I am only allowed 30kg on the flight and that includes the bike bag.



Collectively my gear is 9kg overweight.  Its going to be expensive at check in!



Its so close, and now all the rushing around is done, I feel a little in limbo.



I've been thinking even more about my dear Mum this week and got slightly overwhelmed this evening.

I know she would be so excited for me and also proud.  I still miss her so very much and these fundraising events help me to handle the pain and sense of loss.



I'm so excited about this trip.  Its so different from others I've done.  I'm feeling out of my comfort zone and just don't know what to expect.



I am a little worried about my young cat Jerry,  I've never left him so long, but my lovely neighbours will feed my cats each day and he will probably be fine.  I'm going to miss him so.



Leroy has a specially knitted jumper to keep him warm in the mountains.  After the Africa trip I think he will feel the cold.



Last night some friends came over for a farewell drink and I've had so many good wishes for the trip it's touching.

No comments:

Post a Comment